Uganda safaris includes over 500 mountain gorillas found in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, both gorilla national parks are located in the south western Uganda near the boarder of Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo, Uganda is also known as the best bird whacking safari destination in Africa with over 1060 bird species in Uganda.
Uganda is also well known as the Primates Capital in Africa and in the whole world, Uganda is the best place to see mountain gorillas in Bwindi and Mgahinga, chimpanzees in Kibale Forest National Park, golden monkeys in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and many more different primate species which includes the following which you may see on best place to see mountain gorillas in Bwindi
- Red colobus monkey-this be easily seen in Kibale Forest National Park and in Bigodi swamp
- Black-and-white colobus monkey- this can be seen in many different forests in Uganda.
- Red-tailed monkey and blue monkey-one of the Uganda smallest monkey and can be found Bwindi forest, Kibale forests and in Queen Elisabeth National Park
- Olive baboon-found in all national parks of Uganda and in most of forests in Uganda
- Grey-cheeked mangabey-found in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Semeriki National Park, Bigodi Wetland and in Mabira Forest
- L’hoest monkey-found in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Part
- Patas monkey-commonly found in Murchison Falls National Park
On any of our Uganda safaris you can always combine chimpanzee trek with Mountain Gorillas and other Uganda primates, our Uganda safari itineraries are tailor made basing on you budget, time and your interests , just send us email and tell your interest we will tailor it for you.
Why Uganda Safaris?
Country called Uganda is the best safaris and tours destinations in Africa, a home to the biggest population of chimpanzees in the world and a home to more than half of mountain gorillas population in the world, Uganda is also home to the source of the River Nile the longest river in the world.
Uganda safaris and tours takes you to over 10 Uganda national parks where by each park is different the other with different adventures, on Uganda safari you will get a chance to see the most endangered mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, for those who like hiking safari get opportunity to hike the ice capped Rwenzori mountains which is the second highest mountain in Africa, enjoy a relaxing boat ride on Kazinga Channel connecting Lake Gorge and Lake Edward with game viewing in Queen Elisabeth National Park and also a chance to to trek over 5000 chimpanzees in Kibale National Park.
Other Uganda National parks includes Murchison Falls National Park for game drives, boat cruise to the Victoria Nile delta and to the upstream to the bottom of the falls, Lake Mburo National Par best for its game drivers and boat cruise, Simeriki National Park known as the top bird watching destination in Uganda, lastly Kidepo Valley National Park One of the best Savannah park in Africa. we are also highly recommended on Trip Advisor